Roy's beep

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lot of dog


Where would a man be without his dog? I don’t really want to find out; I would like you to meet mine her name is Brandy. She is a long haired wired haired fox terrier jack Russell mix. Just try saying that without tying your tongue in a knot. She likes to play with our cat Cinder, (that is short for Cinderella and that is another story). The cat generally gets the best of Brandy because Brandy won’t jump the fence (she could clear it in a single bounce) and the cat will run around the house and come up behind her and start the chase all over. Brandy gets to going so fast she can’t stop before she hits the fence, by time she gets herself back to gather the cat has nailed her on the behind and off they go again. Brandy is fifteen pounds of pure love, she gets up in my easy chair (she always asks) and lays alongside my leg, or she is lying at my feet as I work on the computer. If my wife is having a hard time or a bad moment Bandy gets me to check things out; she is quite the nurse maid. When my wife had a problem and I had to call the paramedic I had to put her (Brandy) in a room and shut the door she was not going to let the medic near my wife or do their job. She is true to her breeding, as terriers are breaded to be a rodent worst nightmare. This last fall Cinder was in the backyard and was being backed up by a field mouse. The mouse I guess he had been listening too many of the tall tales of Mouse and was standing on his hind legs with front paws poise for a fight. Cinder was back pedaling and wanted no part of the mouse. I wish I had my video cam ready it was quite a site, any way brandy was wanting in on the action and was out the door and dispatch that mouse before I could say “Brandy”; then she went over to cinder to console her; what a dog. The field mouse received a proper burial. I will tell you more of brandy antic at some time down the trail, but thank you for listing and god bless.

5 comments:

Kriti said...

Roy - dogs are a joy forever - I just can't have enough of them really. Such innocent selfless creatures ... Brandy sounds like a whole lotta fun. Can you give me a tight hug and ruffle his hair behind the ear for me please?

Roy Durham said...

yes i will and he is a she LOL thank you kriti

sulekkha said...

Brandy and Cider sure do have a lot of fun, I am partial to dogs as I too have a dalmatian name Sparky and she is just like Brandy in her devotion and loyalty. She likes to snuggle in bed with us and is my life coach. beautiful post..

Sneha said...

awww she is damn cute...

Karina said...

Brandy and Cinder sound like fantastic pets.

I am glad Brandy is looking after your wife!

the blogger who read and comment

Blog Archive