Roy's beep

Sunday, September 25, 2011

lot of wonder


Last night I was in glory to be an attendee at a scientific seminar on the Shroud of Turin. Dr John Jackson the research team leader of the 1978 study of the shroud was the speaker.   This came to mine as I shook his hand, as he had handled the shroud.

Luke 8:40-49
[40] Now when Jesus returned, a crowd welcomed him, for they were all expecting him. [41] Then a man named Jairus, a ruler of the synagogue, came and fell at Jesus' feet, pleading with him to come to his house [42] because his only daughter, a girl of about twelve, was dying.
As Jesus was on his way, the crowds almost crushed him. [43] And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her. [44] She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped.
[45] "Who touched me?" Jesus asked.
When they all denied it, Peter said, "Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you."
[46] But Jesus said, "Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me."
[47] Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed. [48] Then he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace."


Now there was no earth shaking nor was I healed of my afflictions, but I felt honored to touch the hand of a man who had had touch the image on the shroud, but I do feel some solace in that by provenance I may have touch Christ be it by proxy and that is all I wish for is to touch Christ. This come to something I hold as a model. It is a triangle the sides of which are belief, faith and knowledge. Belief is something that I or you have come to understand as a true or a falsehood.  Faith is something that we have given to something or someone based on our knowledge of the massager.  Knowledge is the firsthand experience, the knowing it is true or faults. The dimensions of each side are variable to the subject.

The totality of the data and the provenance at this point in time cannot prove or disprove that it is the burial shroud of Christ. These image are form an article on wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shroud_of_Turin

 

what do you believe?

from a clip art disk

 

 

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” a quote of Stuart Chase.



Here are my picks for today:
 I would like it if you would give the folks a look see; I did and found some things to enjoy. 

Here are the questions that you can only answer. Do you believe the shroud is the burial shroud of Christ? If it were proven to be the shroud what would it mean to you? How would it change you if it were proven to be true? What would it mean to you if it was proven to be faults a fake?

Thank you for stopping by and god bless

1 comment:

Corinne Rodrigues said...

When one believes in something , no proof is needed. I remember my uncle (a Catholic priest) telling me after a visit to the Holy Land, that the only thing that struck him about his visit was the humanness of Jesus. I guess you had the same experience too regarding the shroud.

the blogger who read and comment

Blog Archive