Roy's beep

Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday moment



This Moment

"A single photo – no words – capturing a simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember."
“This Moment” is a ritual found on Life inspired by the Wee Man adopted fromSouleMama which was introduced to me by Sarah-Jane. If you find yourself touched by a Moment and would like to participate, post your picture on a Friday and leave your link in the comments section.

The Moment


I had the vocation to do a little trip down memory lane. The two block area of town where I grew up has been raised as part of the city revitalization program. Now it is one big empty lot, the houses are all gone, and it will become a park. This old weeping willow still stands and I and it have some stories to tell. It was in a neighbors yard and next door to my buddy's house. the old tree seem to be remembering and morning the good old days of my youth.

My buddy back there in the spring of 1957 had got a fledgling Peregrine falcon, from where I don't know. and we were going to train it to hunt. Well maybe. Somewhere in the training the falcon flew away and landed in the top of this old weeping willow. we could see it but it would not come back to its perch when we call it. Guess what its still in the the top of the old willow tree.



I really don't Think it the same bird, but here we are some 55 years later and there is a Peregrine in the tree.
Wow what a trip.

Thank you for coming by and God bless

No comments:

the blogger who read and comment

Blog Archive