Roy's beep

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

lot of string



This is one of those things that our ancestor the cavemen came up with and has not change mush since they first made it. They made fire, the club, the wheel, and the string.

Now string can be made of many different materials, from leather to wood fiber.  Just where would we be today without string? We could not keep our shoes on, and your clothing would fall off.  

A string can be a thread or a rope, and are very useful, now you might not want to try up your boat with a thread but a rope is good to catch a horse.
You can make a ball out of string and hit with a club, they call that a bat and they call that baseball. 
Now then I had a string of fish that was good eating and you catch them with a string. Our live can get unstrung, something or body untied the knot.  We do a lot with strings, make music, make a net or lace; they call that macramé all from tying string. You can tie up a package with string. I bet you can find a lot of thing to do with string.

Here are some kind of strings; there guitar strings, violin strings, apron strings, shoe strings, and kite string.  Now that’s one string I like yep, the kite string. You know it pulls back and so does a fishing string once in a while, and that a fun way to play with a string. There is also the game of cat’s cradle another fun way to play with string.

Now I have been told many times not to pull on strings but it fun you see. Down at the beach there is a lot of string that would fun to pull but I will leave that pulling up to Charlie, he can run faster than me.
So what are you going to do with your strings today?
The answer to yesterdays question is a fence.

Thank you for stopping by and have a fun day come back real soon God bless

10 comments:

JIM said...

Come on your just stringing us along Roy!!!!

Zing went the strings of my heart...Only our age would remember that one!!!

http://jpweddingphotograpy.blogspot.com/2011/06/diamonds-in-sky-on-vero-beach.html

Roy Durham said...

yep http://youtu.be/wyEaH6phCd8

Roy A. Ackerman, PhD, EA said...

Thanks for stringing us along!

Mary Hudak-Collins livingthescripture.com said...

I will 'pick' my strings today Roy :)

Roy Durham said...

i could have talked about string theory ha ah lol

fantasy in practicality said...

very simple, i need to pack my stuff and tie the cardboard box with strings so that my things are kept intact before i again untie them after shifting to a new house. so,strings help to keep things in place.

Anna L. Walls said...

I have been hording string from opening assorted animal food bags. Not that I ever use them. My ball is now about the size of a soft ball. 20 years of hording. hahaha

Mari Sterling Wilbur said...

Tied my tomato plants up with string today so they won't fall over. Not a clever answer but an honest one :D

Anonymous said...

My Grandad used to say you should always have a ball of string/twine to hand as it will prove the most useful thing you ever own. I thought he was mad as a chld, but now as an adult I use that ball of string so often! lol

Melissa Tandoc said...

Go out fishing...that's the first thing I'd like to do...

then make music...

oh and as Fernando said...rethread the strings of my life ;)

Loved this post Roy...:*

the blogger who read and comment

Blog Archive